The course aims to teach delegates basic aspects of dealing with emergencies, with an emphasis on those occurring in the workplace. Handling ‘life-threatening’ situations is covered as well as ecognising and responding to some of the more common ailments that may be encountered at workplace.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to recognize and deal with:
- The role of a First Aider
- Managing an Emergency situation
- Administer First Aid to an unconscious casualty (including seizures)
- Administer CPR
- Management of a wounded & bleeding casualty
- Administer First aid to a casualty suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate First aid for injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
This course is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid and is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments
Typical Interest Groups
Retail Staff, Restaurants, Resort Staff Librarians, Teachers, Store Person’s, Drivers, Care Assistants, Parents, Childminders, Child Care Settings, Sports Clubs
On satisfactory completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of completion which is valid for three years.
Maximum of 12 candidates
£49 per person or £499 per group
Maximum 12 persons